Pages


Birchbox Review: February 2015




My obsession with subscription boxes started early last year, after a messy break up I really needed a wee 'pick-me-up'. Birchbox was the first beauty subscription box I signed up for and since then it has been what I look forward to... like a little christmas every month. I thought it only fitting that my first post be a review of this month's box!

             

T London - Darjeeling Hand & Body Lotion
Anyone who knows me will know that I am obsessed with hand cream. After burning my hands badly last summer, I get super dry fingers so I have to moisturise constantly. This lotion smells divine (like tea!) and is a good consistency and texture. 8/10

theBalm cosmetics - Stainiac in Beauty Queen
A red gel lip/cheek stain reminiscent of the Benefit's 'Benetint'. Personally I was never much of a fan of Benetint as I found the consistency a little too watery, but the Stainiac is a little easier to apply. I tend to opt for powder based blushes and matt lipsticks in Winter, so I'll be popping this away until Summer time, when Im - hopefully-  a little more golden and opting for lighter makeup. 6/10

KMS California - Hair Play Dry Wax
My hair:  Day 1- Flat but shiny
          Day 2 - Flat but greasy.
You can see the problem here. Hair Play is a matte finish spray, which really helped my get some volume and texture into my sad locks. I've recently cut my hair into a bob (AH!), so this little beaut was a true god-send. Be aware for it leaving your hair rather product heavy the next day. 7/10

Caudalie - Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
A 'glow serum' to be applied before moisturising. I have to admit I was a little unsure of what this product actually did, but I intrepidly applied a small amount in the morning before makeup and I guess I looked a bit more glowing so hey, winner! 7/10
                

* STAR PICK *
Cynthia Rowley Beauty - Black Eyeliner 
 I am a self confessed eyeliner snob. As a total Alexa Chung fangirl, winged eyeliner plays a big role in my everyday life. I did my usual test of drawing a thick line on my hand and rubbing it like a madwoman. It did not budge, hurrah! Congrats, you made the cut Cynthia! I even licked my finger to take things to the next level, and it prevailed. A super creamy formula, which is really easy to apply. I will be using to go over my usual gel/liquid liner on top, as it builds the colour nicely but not so great for clean, precise lines. 9/10

The Chai Co - Oats + Chai
In between studying for my MA at University and selling my soul to a well known department store, I find the lure of my local take outs all too tempting. I've been promising myself I'd start eating cleaner, so this 'just add water' blend of wholegrain oats, chai, fruit and virgin coconut oil is super handy for gals on the go- actually super tasty too! 7/10


All in all Birchbox has once again delivered; pun intended. For just £12.95 including P&P this months box was well worth the money & would highly recommend to all of my fabulous readers! To sign up & earn 50 free Birchbox points, use the link below.

http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=40536 

Until next time,

Bon courage x

Leave a Comment

  1. Aww, I keep hearing good things about this and wondering whether I should subscribe! I think I will now lol it looks lovely!! The Darjeeling hand and body lotion sounds intriguing!

    www.amandasays.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black eye-liner looks incredible!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder if I should subscribe to Birchbox, maybe when I'm home in Summer! The oats + chai sound so nice!

    I'm new to blogging as well and I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can have a look at my post for the questions..
    http://suitcasesandsmoothies.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html#more

    Keep up the good work

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The oats look so good, I actually love having oats or porridge for breakfast.Super yummy with honey too! Look your blog design by the way! x

    Silk and Sparkles in an outfit on my blog, check it out! -
    HailandHarmony / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://alittlepatisserie.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/a-liebster-award.html You are tagged!! <3

    ReplyDelete